Tell GOP Senators why they should stand against radical activist judge Merrick Garland, Obama’s SCOTUS pick to fill Justice Scalia’s seat at: www.tpa.us/95
Hello, this is Charles Benninghoff this 30th day of March, 2016 and today I will disclose to you why Merrick Garland should not be even considered as a nominee for the Supreme Court.
NBC News reports that 16 Republican Senators have broken ranks now and have agreed to hold meetings with Merrick Garland.
Garland was Obama’s choice to fill the Supreme Court vacancy left by the death of Justice Scalia in February.
The GOP leadership made a promise that no confirmation hearings would be held to EVEN consider an Obama appointee.
Our church - Pray For US, Pray For The United States - believes that if we all speak out together we can convince some if not all of these 16 Senators that they are on the wrong side of this issue.
We helped successfully convinced eight new Representatives to do an about-face and actually sign on as co-sponsors to the Refugee Program Integrity Restoration Act so if everyone does their part in THIS campaign we may succeed again.
Even the New York Times, a yellow rag owned by Mexican leftist oligarch Carlos Slim who leached his riches from the poor through a government-mandated monopoly, criticizes the leftist Garland.
If Garland is confirmed by the Senate it will skew the Supreme Court to a 5-4 majority liberal court that opposes all traditional American values and in most cases the Constitution itself.
We hope to eventually see a constitutional “originalist” seated on the Supreme Court. An originalist does not interpret cases based on politics; they judge cases based on the original intent of the Constitution and the Founders who wrote the constitution.
And a judge cannot consider the intent of the Founding Fathers without taking into consideration their biblical Christianity which helped frame the structure and contents of the Constitution.
What it comes down to is this: does a judge believe that the federal government is the highest authority in the land?
Or does a judge believe that government power is granted to it from the people AND that the people's’ unalienable rights are gifted by God?
Isaiah Chapter 9 verse 6 says,
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Here is a partial list of the reasons we believe Garland should not be confirmed.
• Garland has a 20-year track record of opposing Second Amendment gun rights on the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals.
• Legal scholars have been unable to find a single case involving a federal regulatory agency in which Garland sided AGAINST the government.
• The New York Times says, “Judge Garland is well to the left of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy.” Not just a little bit to the left but “well to the left.”
• Garland’s judicial mentors and bosses were all liberal. Garland was a law clerk for liberal Supreme Court Justice William Brennan and he was a special assistant to Jimmy Carter’s attorney general. Garland also worked as a federal prosecutor for Bill Clinton.
• Protestant Christianity is the largest single demographic in the United States and yet we have had no Protestant Christian on the Supreme Court since 2010.
• Confirming Garland would continue to validate Obama’s practice of excluding Christians from any seat of importance in the federal government.
Here is how we will win this battle with your help.
We have written a FaxGram message that you can send to these 16 Republican Senators or even to the entire Congress if you wish.
If you are not on our campaign page already, go there and read the FaxGram message where we explain in great detail why Garland should be passed over.
Due to the cost involved, usually our FaxGrams are limited to one page but for this campaign, the sky is the limit.
A FaxGram is a personalized letter digitally signed by you and delivered directly to every Senator’s office through our systems.
Read the argument we have constructed and if you want to personalize it even more you are welcome to edit the message by clicking the “Edit Text” button in the top right-hand corner of the FaxGram.
You are the most important element in this equation.
Everyone should be speaking out on this issue and we need your help in this campaign.
So go to the campaign page, read the FaxGram argument that we have constructed and then send FaxGrams to the Senate and tell them to oppose confirmation hearings for Merrick Garland.
Do it now!
This is Charles Benninghoff signing off and wishing you Godspeed!