The illegal alien anchor baby scam costs the American taxpayers tens of billions of dollars annually.
The church I founded in 2010, Pray For US, believes it is time for Congress to end this disastrous and costly policy. The 14th Amendment, written in 1868 and wildly reinterpreted in a 1982 Supreme Court case, was never intended to grant “birthright citizenship” to the children of illegal aliens who violate the sovereignty of U.S. borders.
Consider the astonishing costs that the American citizens are bearing because of this flawed interpretation of the 14th Amendment:
- The Center for Immigration Studies asserts that there are now 400,000 anchor babies born in America each year. This costs approximately $6 billion in medical fees which largely go unpaid by the illegal alien parents (an average of $15,000 per birth). Medicaid covers approximately $2 billion of these costs per year while hospitals swallow the remaining $4 billion in losses. Dozens of hospitals are being bankrupted due to the unpaid bills of illegal aliens. (And more insurers are abandoning Medicaid under the rising costs of Obamacare, causing more strain on the hospital system overall.)
- Between 1993 and 2005, a whopping 84 hospitals in California were closed down due to unpaid bills from illegal aliens, mainly for hospital deliveries. This fact was reported by The Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons in 2005.
- The Los Angeles Times reports that almost 10% (40 out of 430) of ALL remaining hospitals in California are expected to close their doors by 2020 due to bills going unpaid by “the uninsured.” Who are “the uninsured” in the age of Obamacare subsidies for the poor? Illegal aliens! Do not expect the media to report this, however.
- A 2007 report in the Journal of the American Medical Association showed that 99% of “the uninsured” who received medical care at one North Carolina hospital were illegal aliens.
- A new “American citizen” anchor baby entitles the illegal alien parents to welfare benefits. The Center for Immigration Studies reports that 71% of illegal aliens automatically sign up for welfare the moment they leave the hospital. The bills to the taxpayer do not stop once the anchor baby leaves the hospital!
- The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) has estimated that it costs $52 billion per year to educate the children of illegal aliens in American schools. The federal government reimburses $2 billion of this amount (for a problem the feds CREATED!), leaving the remaining $50 billion in costs to states and local school districts.
- Illegal aliens who steal American jobs sent $21.6 billion in remittance payments home to Mexico in 2014. Little to no taxes were paid on these wages which are flowing out of America almost as fast as the illegals are flowing in. Speaking of which…
- Obama allowed the IRS to give $6 billion in tax refunds to illegal aliens in 2015, even though they have never actually paid taxes to get a refund from in the first place. In addition, more than $4 billion is paid out annually in fraudulent Earned Income Tax Credits to illegal aliens.
None of these figures include the cost of housing illegal alien inmates in American prisons!
We cannot condone this institutional theft of American jobs and wealth, due to God’s commandment “You shall not steal.” (Exodus 20:15, NPT Bible pg. 84)
It is impossible to calculate the harm to communities that lose their local hospitals due to unpaid bills to anchor baby parents. Hospitals are required by law to treat anyone in an emergency situation, regardless of their ability to pay up front. Therefore, one of the best solutions to this serious problem is to end birthright citizenship, which will take away the magnet that is drawing so many illegal aliens to America in the first place.
By Charles Benninghoff